0 Add to Favorites
Healthy Vegan Fudge Brownies
Raw Brownie Ingredients
Whipped Ganache Ingredients
- Line an 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper on all sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree walnuts until the texture resemble wet sand. Add in dates and puree to a paste. The texture should be very smooth. You might have to stop the food processor, mix with a spatula, and process again in order to get every last nook and cranny.
- Add in cocoa powder, almond flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and espresso powder (if using). Pulse until everything is well combined. The mixture will be thick.
- Transfer brownies to a prepared baking pan. Press evenly into the pan. If you want to get the brownie surface perfectly smooth, place a sheet of parchment paper over everything and then use a flat measuring cup to press hard onto the surface of the brownies. This should make them flat!
- Place in fridge to cool for at least 1 hour. Once cooled, make your ganache.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the coconut cream until scalding (right below a simmer). Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then stir with a whisk. The ganache should be fully melted at this point. If it isn’t, place it back on the stove for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and allow the mixture to cool for 15 minutes until it’s at about room temperature.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the ganache for 5 minutes, until it’s a shade lighter in color and so the ganache gets thicker. Remove brownies from the fridge and frost with whipped ganache. Optionally decorate with dried rosebuds!
If your dates feel a bit dry, soak them in boiling water for 15 minutes. If they feel soft to the touch, disregard this!